Friday, November 7, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
We started one of our more interesting classes this term, Development Enterprise... From the beginning itself alot of emphasis was put on us figuring out what we'd like for ourselves, thru' a venture, part-time or otherwise, to do in the long-term if not now.
I've always had more than an idea of what I want to start... but it has always been up in the air... For some reason I was loathe to pen it down...
At Baguio, I didn't really have a choice.. I had to pen things down... Strangely and fortunately... it felt alright penning it down... I think, in the past, I was worried that maybe if I wrote things down I wouldn't feel like doing it after... but when I actually did put it down, it felt more concrete and I kinda felt like I was gonna do it.
So here goes... my Passion matrix :
By 2015, I will experience and enjoy
For myself Thru myself
· A super - successful sports marketing career – all the time – 30 mins to 1 hour daily research and read on Sports Marketing
·Material goal: To own a house done up in dark wood in Mumbai (3 BHK at least)
·Learn sailing, diving, Tai chi / Capoeira, Spanish / Mandarin and to have tried out sky diving, shark swimming and a whole bunch of adventure sports
· African safari & sleep on a ‘macchan’ over-night in Dgorang-goro crater
·Visit Earth chakra centers like Macchu Picchu, Kailash Mansarovar
- To understand fully the economic and social value of sports
- Learn Perfumery
For Others Thru me
·Provide a platform for people inclined towards sports - Continual effort
For me Thru / with others
· Travel at least half the world – funding for which will obviously come from my career
· Will have gone back-packing through India and Europe
·Network with an eclectic group of people, globally
. Collect world music
For others Thru Others
· Social development through Sports through 'Barefoot' - the venture I plan to set up.